Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Yes, I sing like a girl

Those who know me know that I don't have what what ever be classified as a "good voice". I'm not a good "singer." I'm not "gifted" or "talented" musically. However, for some reason, I've always been able to kick a killer falsetto out. I think this was probably best demonstrated during my freshman year of college when Ryan and Andy took me to a townie bar for karaoke and I broke out The Four Seasons' "Oh, What a Night." Suffice to say, when it was over, the townsfolk lifted me on their shoulders and carried me through downtown Champaign cheering and celebrating wildly. Actually I do remember a lot of men with mullets drinking Miller High Life giving me some absolutely sobering looks.



So, the reason I bring up the falsetto is that the kids got a High School Musical - Sing it! game for the Wii from Uncle Jordan. The kids like playing it and trying to sing along. I've played with them and have sung the guy songs and have absolutely gotten killed. I mean, really bad - can't find the pitch, apparenty I just suck. Brutal. Then, I pulled out the falsetto on the girl songs. And guess what - I rocked it. Like A+. So, basically I sing like a girl. And I'm okay with that. I guess it's my curse.

1 comment:

  1. You know it's one of the things that made me fall in love with you!

    ReplyDelete