Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Oscars Pre-Post

First of all, I'd like to suspend the tension right off the bat. Tonight, I am wearing gray sweatpants from Old Navy and a ridiculously old and comfortable Illini sweatshirt from the design fashion plate Crable Sportswear.

Now that that is out of the way, I am ready for the Oscars. I am and always have been a movie buff but my viewing habits have changed dramatically since we had kids. Used to be I saw every major release as they came to the theaters. I'm lucky now to get 5-10 movies a year and then hopefully catch them on DVD. Suffice to say, I'm not as up to speed on the Oscar hopefuls as I used to be.

So, I'll be rooting for Avatar, UP, Inglorious Basterds and Sandra Bullock tonight. And of course, I will root against everything else because I haven't seen them and therefore they are not good. That's the logic I'm running with.

And if Mr. Blackwell comments on my sweatpants, I will kick his ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment