Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Olympics

While I enjoy the Olympics as much as any American, this year's Winter Olympics have left me somewhat cold. Bad pun intended.

I enjoy the good storylines as much as the next guy and the speed skating, downhill skiing and hockey have not failed to capture my attention. However, the fact remains that while bobsled and luge are exciting sports - they are not necessarily great TV. The fact that it's the Olympics doesn't ever justify watching a "sport" like ice dancing will never be great TV. So, while I will continue to root for the USA and for the exciting athletes and stories like Lindsay Vonn, Shani Davis, Shaun White, Patrick Kane, etc - I find myself looking forward to when Chuck, The Office and 30 Rock come back. I will, however, continue to enjoy curling until that time.

And yes, I understand that by publishing this blog, I just lost a brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment